Monday, August 11, 2008

Tough Times

It has been a pretty rough week so far. On saturday, me and the fam went to Salt Lake for a bridal shower and then to Orem to see some family friends. We couldn't stay long though, I had to be to work by five. We hit traffic a little north of farmington, so I had to talk to my manager and tell him that I was going to be a liiittle bit late. We pulled up to our house just before five and I ran inside to get my stuff for work. About five minutes later, I jumped in my cute little red Ford Ranger and started on my way. It was 5:20 and I was pulling off the freeway and what do you know... Someone decided not to stop at a red light. Whack! They hit me and totaled my truck. Poor thing. Luckily, no one was hurt. Now we've just had to hassle with the insurance companies, I don't even know how many times I've had to give a statement about what happened. So mom has been dealing with all that and I've been looking for a new vehicle. I need something cheap, but not a piece of junk. We'll see how everything works out. I'm just thankful I'm alive. So that's one thing. Another was while I was sitting at home on saturday night, trying to recover, my dear ol' dad told me that I was speaking in sacrament then next day. Oh, Great! :) Thanks for the heads up pops. It went fine though, I just got up and spoke, no material whatsoever, talk about wingin it. But, I'm still happy I'm alive.

No comments: